Is Systems Operations your next career aspiration? Or are you a sysop/ administrator wanting to apply your technical skills to AWS-based system operator roles?
You are in the right place!
If you’re knee-deep in the IT industry and love working with data and computer systems, sysops might be the perfect role for you. If you haven’t considered sysops, this is your chance to explore what this position has to offer. Watch this video to know more about SysOps.
What do system operators do?
A Systems Operations (sysop) job requires running a computer server. A sysop or system operator runs the daily operations of a server. A related job also uses the term administrator for the role. In large computer systems, a system operator performs and monitors daily operations at the computer while an administrator is responsible for managing user access and security. In small computer systems, the administrator and the sysop tend to be the same person.
Take a look at some job opportunities for System Operators in the market today.
This course is right for you!
P2L has partnered up with Amazon Web Services to create the perfect course for current and/or aspiring system operators.
System Operations on AWS
Length: 3 days
System Operations on AWS is designed for people who want to work as a Systems Administrator or Developer Operations (DevOps) role. It teaches them to create repeatable and automatable deployments of systems and networks on the AWS platform. The course goes over specific AWS tools and features relating to deployment and configuration, in addition to common techniques employed across the industry.
The only prerequisite course required to make the most out of System Operations on AWS is Essentials for Getting Started – AWS Technical Essentials.
Master these SysOps skills with this course!
This course will enable you to:
- Use AWS infrastructure features like Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Elastic Load Balancing, Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), and Auto Scaling from the command line.
- Use AWS CloudFormation and more automation technologies for producing stacks of AWS resources that are deployable in an automated, and repeatable manner.
- Build functioning virtual private networks with Amazon VPC from scratch using the AWS Management Console
- Deploy Amazon EC2 instances using command line calls and troubleshoot common problems with instances.
- Monitor the health of Amazon EC2 instances and other AWS services
- Manage AWS permissions, user identity, and security.
- Manage resource consumption in an AWS account using tools such as Amazon CloudWatch, tagging, and Trusted Advisor
- Select and implement the best strategy to create reusable Amazon EC2 instances.
- Configure a set of Amazon EC2 instances that launch behind a load balancer, with the system scaling up and down in response to demand
- Edit and troubleshoot a basic AWS CloudFormation stack definition.
The best candidates for ‘System Operations on AWS’?
This course is well-suited for System Administrators and Software Developers, especially those in a Developer Operations (DevOps) role.
Here is an excerpt of a company’s description of the perfect AWS sysop candidate:
To be successful in this role, you should be AWS Certified with some experience in the following skills, and the desire to develop and learn new skills.
Amazon Web Services:
-Understand Fargate tasks, networking, monitoring & reporting, deployment & provisioning, high availability, data management, and security & compliance.
-Understand and manage Virtual Private Cloud and subnets and communication channels.
You can also follow-on with the courses to supplement your AWS training:
->DevOps – DevOps Engineering on AWS
->Security – Security Engineering on AWS
->Architect – Advanced Architecting on AWS
Ready to begin?
The surging popularity of AWS cloud solutions is creating lots of job opportunities for technical and non-technical professionals. AWS is a great pathway to further your IT career by choosing to acquire comprehensive training right at the foundational level. So, carve out your career plan and begin your journey towards cloud expertise.
Contact P2L today to get the course – System Operations on AWS.