Are you passionate about information and technology system security? Tell you what, security engineering is an outstanding career choice for you! Read on to find out all about security engineering and how you can train yourself as a security engineer for the AWS cloud. AWS is a rising tech giant with loads of job opportunities FOR YOU!
You want to calibrate your security engineering skills with the cloud. Doing so will not only qualify you for a variety of high-paying jobs but also set you up for a progressive career path that will add the success fuel to your career.
Let’s first learn about security engineers and find out what important roles they perform that are financially and spiritually rewarding.
What do security engineers do?
Security engineers are responsible for the development and supervision of data as well as technical security systems. Their main focus is to prevent breaches and data leaks associated with cybercrime by building firewalls and intrusion detection systems. The mass movement of organizations from physical infrastructure to the cloud necessitates robust information security systems. Security engineers are also called information assurance engineers, and information systems security engineers.
Responsibilities of Security Engineers
- Keeping sensitive data safe from taps, breaches, and leaks.
- Protecting organizational data, finances, and reputations by securing financial records, client information, and all other types of confidential information.
- Working with a team of cybersecurity professionals, including security analysts, penetration testers, and technology managers.
- Detecting, investigating, and preventing security attacks.
- Resolve problems with technology such as IT software and equipment.
- Installing firewalls,and implementing breach detection systems.
- Conducting assessments, testing security systems, and analyzing risks.
Security engineers face constant challenges as cybercriminals keep getting smarter. Internal threats are also heightened when employees have to deal with complex security systems. Consequently, engineers have to work on keeping data secure while maintaining usability in terms of non-technical employees.
Security engineers start by building systems for smaller business operations. As their career moves forward, they may move onto roles such as security managers or chief information security officers.
Key skills of security engineers.
- Project Management
- Problem Solving
- Ethical Hacking
- Knowledge of Computer Operating Systems
- Knowledge of Network Architecture
- Knowledge of Computer Forensics
How much do security engineers earn?
According to PayScale, the average security engineer salary in the U.S is $90,923 annually. However, the figure varies according to location, industry, education, job function, and experience.
Entry-level roles: $70,479 on average
Experienced roles: $109,188 on average
Now, let me introduce you to the course that will step up your career as a security engineer!
Security Engineering on AWS – This course is for you!
Would you like to learn how to use AWS security services efficiently to bolster security in the AWS Cloud?
You can conveniently learn about security practices recommended by AWS for enhancing the security of data and systems in the cloud. The Security Engineering on AWS course walks you through the security features of AWS key services like compute, storage, networking, and database services. You can also benefit from learning how to leverage AWS services for continuous monitoring and logging, automation, and responding to security incidents.
Security Engineering on AWS
P2L has partnered up with Amazon Web Services to create an outstanding 3-day AWS Security Engineering on AWS course just for you!
The course focuses on the following skills:
- Assimilating and leveraging the AWS shared security responsibility model.
- Architecting and building AWS application infrastructures that are secured against the most common security threats.
- Protecting data at rest and in transit with encryption.
- Applying security checks and analyses in an automated & reproducible manner.
- Configuring authentication for resources & applications in the AWS Cloud.
- Gaining insight into events by capturing, monitoring, processing, and analyzing logs.
- Identifying and mitigating incoming threats against applications and data.
- Performing security assessments to ensure that common vulnerabilities are patched and security best practices are applied
What’s more, is that you have various options in learning formats like instructor-led training and virtual classrooms, so you can pick what fits your learning preferences. Continue on your AWS learning roadmap with these certifications:
Start working towards the following certification today.
AWS Certified Security – Specialty
Who Can Benefit from this course?
Security engineers, Security architects, and professionals in Security operations, and Information security can benefit from the course.
This course is delivered as a mixture of classroom training, hands-on labs, and group exercises. Hands-on Activity in this course allows you to test your new skills and apply gained knowledge to your working environment via an array of practical exercises.
Prerequisite course before you enroll for Security Engineering on AWS:
Architect – Architecting on AWS
Operations – Systems Operations on AWS
Begin your journey today.
The surging popularity of AWS cloud solutions is creating lots of job opportunities for technical and non-technical professionals. AWS is a great pathway to further your IT career by choosing to acquire comprehensive training right at the foundational level. So, carve out your career plan and begin your journey towards cloud expertise.
Contact P2L today.