Workforce management is vital to every organization to run smoothly and achieve success. Most companies incorporate different workforce management software to map the efficiency and productivity of their employees. These software applications have become an integral part of all organizations when it comes to streamlining employee management. They help in overseeing various HR operations such as payroll; time off; attendance; leave days; talent and performance management; and other administration activities. One such application is PeopleSoft by Oracle. Read on to know more!
What is PeopleSoft?
PeopleSoft by Oracle is an integrated software application that offers an array of business solutions to ease daily operations in an organization. Originally, PeopleSoft was designed to execute functions only for human resources and finance applications. However, over the years, it has added more tools to aid general business operations. The application now offers customers a built-in ERP software program package that assists in the everyday execution of a number of business operations.
The program’s applications are used by human resource departments in massive corporations. These functions encompass human resource management structures (HRMS), purchaser relationship management (CRM), financials and provide chain management (FSCM), and organization performance management (EPM).
Within the application suite, companies may use a variety of applications. They can try out a range of products to manage, monitor, and schedule business operations depending on their management needs.
What is Oracle: Introduction to PeopleSoft for HCM Rel 9.2 course all about?
The Introduction to PeopleSoft for HCM Rel 9.2 is focused on giving students a better understanding of PeopleSoft and its functions. More importantly, the course aims to help students get a good grasp of how the program’s concepts and technologies are implemented in Human Capital Management (HCM). This can be beneficial for firms as they can learn how to incorporate the workforce management tool to enhance employee efficiency and the overall productivity of their company.
What will you learn?
- Describe HCM applications and functionality.
- Explore the PeopleSoft system and applications using various navigation methods.
- Work with the PeopleSoft Online Help.
- Access HCM’s wide variety of self-service transactions through PeopleSoft Fluid User Interface.
- Describe the PeopleSoft Internet Architecture (PIA), concepts of effective dates and action types.
- Identify the types of relational database tables that are used in PeopleSoft.
- Explain the PeopleSoft Process Scheduler and reporting tools.
Who is this for?
What are the objectives of this course?
- Describe PeopleSoft HCM core products and functionality
- Navigate and searching within the PeopleSoft application and online documentation
- Work with the PeopleSoft Fluid User Interface as a self-service user
- Explain the PeopleSoft Internet Architecture
- Identify the types of relational database tables used in PeopleSoft products
- Explain what reporting tools are available in PeopleSoft applications
- Describe how the Process Scheduler operates
What topics will be covered in this course?
Navigating Through the PeopleSoft System
- Describing Elements of Components
- Retrieving Data Through Search Pages
- Viewing and Updating Data Within a Record
- Assigning and Organizing Favorites
- Using PeopleSoft Online Help
Working With PeopleSoft Fluid User Interface
- Describing PeopleSoft Fluid User Interface
- Personalizing PeopleSoft Fluid User Interface
Understanding the System Structure
- Explaining PeopleSoft Pure Internet Architecture
- Describing the Structure of PeopleSoft Tables and Relational Databases
- Explaining Effective Dating
- Describing Action Types
Working With Tables
- Identifying Types of PeopleSoft Tables
- Describing Characteristics of the Translate Table
- Identifying Processing and Defaulting Tables
- Describing Characteristics of Control Tables
- Describing Characteristics of Transaction Tables
Running Human Resources Processes and Reports
- Processing and Viewing a Human Resources Report
An efficient workforce management software saves companies time and labor costs by matching the right employee to the right job. It also allows management to effectively oversee employee operations. PeopleSoft is one such valuable tool that builds a framework to manage the workforce and their performance.