What is Distinctive Leadership?
IGI Global defines distinctive leadership as leadership with a blend of alignment with the business strategy, intellectual maturity, and emotional maturity is known as distinctive leadership.
What is the Distinctive Leadership course all about?
Distinctive Leadership is a senior-level experience designed to unleash the strategic advantage of leadership. This highly experiential journey includes assessments, executive coaching, a powerful in-person experience, and ongoing peer cohort coaching to create a sustainable shift in your leaders. This progressive approach supports both personal leadership, team development, and organizational improvement. Through this experience, individuals learn to create, understand, and take accountability for their development as high-performance leaders, collaborators, and strategic thinkers.
What is the length of the course?
The course is two days long.
What is the course journey like?
The Distinctive Leadership journey explores leadership across four levels – self, individuals, teams, and enterprise. This perspective gives leaders a line of SITE into what it takes to be a high-performing leader. Leader of:
- Self–begins the journey by shifting mindsets, removing self-limiting beliefs, and helping leaders understand their personal brand.
- Individuals–is about inclusion, the importance of trust in relationships, and the role of emotional intelligence.
- Teams–emphasizes the critical skills needed to create an environment that encourages agility, high performing teams and a culture of candor, collaboration, and accountability.”
- Enterprise–introduces key competencies that will enable individuals to ‘lead big’! Leading big is about: demonstrating courage, being a multiplier, developing cultural advantage, thinking differently, communicating with clarity and purpose, being agile and resilient, and focusing on what really matters.
- Creation of competitive advantage through leadership
- Innovation and continuous improvement, balanced with the risk
- Reinforcement of a high-performance culture
- Strengthened trust to drive personal, team, and organizational performance
- Stimulation of a candid and open environment for collaboration
- Alignment of teams around a common vision
- Empowerment of leaders at all levels, along with a sense of ownership and accountability
- Enhancement of professional presence, impact, and influence
What is the course experience like?
Pre-work: Distinctive Leadership includes two pre-work assessments: The High-Performance Leadership Assessment and the High-Performance Team Assessment.
Pre-Session Coaching Call: A pre-session coaching call provides insight into each leader’s background, personal beliefs about leadership, and personal leadership goals.
Experiential Session(s): The experiential sessions bring leaders together to shift their mindsets and develop strategies to enhance their leadership. Participants initiate the process of creating accountability partners with the colleagues who will support them on their journey.
Cohort Coaching: A series of facilitated coaching calls in small carefully selected peer groups help leaders further explore the four mindsets embedded in the program (SITE – Self, Individuals, Teams, Enterprise). The cohort coaching experience is a powerful way to make the learning sustainable and create a supportive network at work.
Capstone Event: A virtual capstone event brings the larger group back together to review and synthesize the learnings from their journey. Leaders will be challenged to continue their peer collaboration and to cascade the learning to the broader organization.
If you’re someone who is looking for personal development along with organizational growth, this distinctive leadership course will advance your skill set.
To enroll, contact P2L today!