What is executive coaching?
According to the center for executive coaching, it is an efficient, high-impact process that helps high-performing people in leadership roles improve results in ways that are sustained over time.
Unlike traditional consulting assignments, it is efficient because it does not require invasive processes, large outside teams, and lengthy reports and analyses to get results.
It is a high-impact process because Executive Coaches typically work with clients in short meetings (i.e., 30 minutes per session). During this time, the coach and client can generate important insights, gain clarity, focus, and make decisions to improve performance.
Executive Coaching works with high-performing people in leadership roles. It is not therapy, meant to “fix” a person. As an Executive Coach, your clients are already highly functioning, successful people. Like any of us, they need support from time to time to perform better.
How can an executive coach make you successful?
As per Forbes, executive coaching can help in the following ways:
1. See yourself more clearly– When you engage with a good coach, he or she will generally gather input about how others see you at the beginning of the engagement and share it with you. (The best coaches will also pattern the feedback into key themes, to further clarify others’ perceptions of your key strengths and growth areas.) Throughout the coaching engagement, your coach will also share his or her perceptions of you, based on observation of you and your interactions with others.
2. See others more clearly– A good and insightful coach will often have more neutral and accurate perceptions of those around you than you will and will share those perceptions with you (especially if he or she is doing other work in your organization). And—because skilled coaches work to make their coaching clients independent—he or they will also help you apply the same mental skills you learned for seeing yourself more clearly so that you can become more accurate in your assessment of others.
3. Leverage your existing strengths– Having an effective and supportive coach can also help you see and leverage strengths that you already have but that you may be underestimating. A good coach can help you recognize that tendency in yourself and work against it, both by helping you see and question the limiting assumptions you make about people who aren’t like you, and by offering you tools to support you in understanding and creating strong and vital working relationships with a wider variety of people.
4. Build more productive relationships– Leaders can dramatically limit their effectiveness by only being willing or able to build strong relationships with certain kinds of people. And all too often, that means people like themselves—in background, race, gender, beliefs, or work style.
5. Achieve what you want– A good coach can help you get clearer about your goals and dreams, and about what you’re capable of doing to achieve them. He or she can also be a powerfully useful support system on your journey: someone who knows you very well and wants the best for you—but is a neutral third party.
What is the Executive Coaching course all about?
P2L’s executive coaching process is designed to deliver measurable results for the organization and is customized for each individual. Our coaches all have wide business experience and are well-versed in P2L’s seven-step executive coaching process. Our coaches will work with each leader to clarify individual leadership themes, leverage personal convictions, and create a new standard for constructive dialogue and leadership integrity. Through diagnostic tools and candid interviews with the leader and appropriate stakeholders, we will assess the individual’s leadership capabilities and help prioritize the most significant areas for focused development.
- Increased effectiveness and retention of key leaders
- Improved business results
- Increased employee engagement
- Retention of leaders’ direct reports and colleagues
- Increased senior team effectiveness, cross-functional collaboration, and credibility
- 3-month, 6-month, and assessment with the follow-on coaching
Executives of any company are the core of the firm. They are the ones who take high-level decisions and needless to say run the company. For an organization to thrive and achieve great success, it is important to have proficient people in top-level management. Investing in skilled executives is the key to make your business succeed. This is where executive coaching plays an important role. Given its dynamic nature, you can incorporate executive coaching practices into almost any industry and propel visionary executives, managers, and budding leaders in an organization.
If you’re looking for a course that helps you become a good executive and a great leader, this executive coaching course is exactly for you.
To enroll, contact P2L today!