What is Veeam® Backup & Replication?
Veeam help center defines Veeam Backup & Replication as comprehensive data protection and disaster recovery solution. With Veeam Backup & Replication, you can create image-level backups of virtual, physical, cloud machines and restore from them. The technology used in the product optimizes data transfer and resource consumption, which helps to minimize storage costs and the recovery time in case of a disaster.
Veeam Backup & Replication provides a centralized console for administering backup/restore/replication operations in all supported platforms (virtual, physical, cloud). Also, the console allows you to automate and schedule routine data protection operations and integrate with solutions for alerting and generating compliance reports.
What are Veeam® Backup & Replication’s main features?
As per the Veeam help center, the main functionality of Veeam Backup & Replication includes:
- Backup: creating image-level backups of virtual, physical, cloud machines and backups of NAS share files.
- Restore: performing a restore from backup files to the original or a new location. Veeam Backup & Replication offers several recovery options for various disaster recovery scenarios, including instant VM recovery, image-level restore, file-level restore, restore of application items, and so on.
- Replication: creating an exact copy of a VM and maintaining the copy in sync with the original VM.
- Continuous Data Protection (CDP): replication technology that helps you protect mission-critical VMs and reach recovery point objective (RPO) up to seconds.
- Backup Copy: copying backup files to a secondary repository.
- Storage Systems Support: backing up and restoring VMs using capabilities of native snapshots created on storage systems.
- Tape Devices Support: storing copies of backups in tape devices.
- Recovery Verification: testing VM backups and replicas before recovery.
What is the Veeam® Backup & Replication™ v11: Architecture and Design course about?
The two-day, Veeam® Backup & Replication™ v11: Architecture and Design training course focuses on teaching IT professionals how to effectively architect a Veeam solution through attaining technical excellence following the Veeam Architecture Methodology used by Veeam’s own Solution Architects. During the two days, attendees will explore requirement gathering and infrastructure assessment goals and use that information to design Veeam solutions within team exercises. Attendees will analyze considerations when turning logical designs into physical designs and describe the obligations to the implementation team that will implement that design. Other topics covered will include security, governance, and validation impacts when architecting a Veeam solution and how to build these into the overall design. Attendees should expect to contribute to team exercises, present designs, and defend decision-making.
Completion of this course satisfies the prerequisite for taking the Veeam Certified Architect (VMCA) exam, the highest level of Veeam certification. VMCA certification proves knowledge of architecture and design concepts, highlighting the level of skill required to efficiently architect a Veeam solution in a range of real-world environments.
Senior Engineers and Architects responsible for creating architectures for Veeam environments.
Ideally, VMCE certified, attendees should have extensive commercial experience with Veeam and a broad sphere of technical knowledge of servers, storage, networks, virtualization, and cloud environments.
After completing this course attendees should be able to:
- Design and architect a Veeam solution in a real-world environment
- Describe best practices, review an existing infrastructure, and assess business/project requirements
- Identify relevant infrastructure metrics and perform component (storage, CPU, memory) quantity sizing
- Provide implementation and testing guidelines in line with designs
- Innovatively address design challenges and pain points, matching appropriate Veeam Backup & Replication features with requirements
- Conceptual design
- Logical design
- Physical/tangible design
- Implementation and Governance
- Validation and Iteration
If you’re looking for a comprehensive course that helps you design and architect a Veeam solution in a real-world environment, then this is the ideal course for you.
To enroll, contact P2L today!