VMware Horizon facilitates a digital workspace by efficiently delivering virtual desktops and applications equipping workers anywhere, anytime, and on any device. With deep integration into the VMware technology ecosystem, the platform offers an agile cloud-ready foundation, modern best-in-class management, and end-to-end security.
Horizon 7 - Benefits
- With Horizon 7, IT organizations can take advantage of closed-loop management and automation, and tight integration with the software-defined data center, to deliver and protect all the Windows or Linux and online resources users want, at the speed they expect, with the efficiency business demands.
- VMware Horizon 7 offers greater simplicity, security, speed, and scale in delivering on-premises virtual desktops and applications while offering cloud-like economics and elasticity of scale.
- Horizon 7 introduces a robust suite of security and policy-focused capabilities that help customers improve their overall security posture, with a multi-layered, defense-in-depth approach that goes from client endpoint to data center to the extended virtual infrastructure.
VMware Horizon 7: Install, Configure, Manage [V7.10] - About the Course
Training in VMware Horizon 7 is easily available and accessible.
P2L has partnered up with VMware to offer a 5-day, hands-on course that gives you the skills to deliver virtual desktops and applications through a single virtual desktop infrastructure platform. This course builds your skills in installing, configuring, and managing VMware Horizon® 7 through a combination of lecture and hands-on labs. You learn how to configure and deploy pools of virtual machines, how to manage the access and security of the machines, and how to provide a customized desktop environment to end-users.
The course focuses on the following skills:
- Recognize the features and benefits of VMware Horizon
- Install and configure VMware Horizon® Connection Server™
- Create and optimize Windows VMs to create VMware Horizon desktops
- Describe the purpose of Horizon Agent
- Compare the remote display protocols that are available in VMware Horizon
- Configure and manage the VMware Horizon® Client™ systems and connect the client to a VMware Horizon desktop
- Configure, manage, and entitle automated pools of full VMs
- Configure, manage, and entitle pools of instant-clone desktops and linked-clone desktops
- Install and configure View Composer
- Outline the steps and benefits for using TLS CA-signed certificates in VMware Horizon environments
- Use the role-based delegation to administer a VMware Horizon environment
- Configure secure access to VMware Horizon desktops
- Understand and create Remote Desktop Services (RDS) desktops and application pools
- Install and configure App Volumes to deliver and manage applications
- Deploy VMware Dynamic Environment Manager™ for user and application management
- Install and configure a Just-in-Time Management Platform (JMP) server for managing JMP components
- Describe VMware Dynamic Environment Manager Smart Policies
- Use the command-line tools available in VMware Horizon to back up and restore the required VMware Horizon databases.
- Manage the performance and scalability of a VMware Horizon deployment
- Identify the benefits of the Cloud Pod Architecture feature for large-scale VMware Horizon deployments.
Who Can Benefit from this course?
Technical personnel who work in the IT departments of end-customer companies and people who are responsible for the delivery of remote or virtual desktop services.
- VMware infrastructure skills
- Microsoft Windows system administration experience:Course Details
- Use VMware vSphere® Web Client to view the state of virtual machines, datastores, and networks
- Open a virtual machine console on VMware vCenter Server® and access the guest operating system
- Create snapshots of virtual machines
- Configure guest customization specifications
- Modify virtual machine properties
- Convert a virtual machine into a template
- Deploy a virtual machine from a template
- Configure Active Directory services, including DNS, DHCP, and time synchronization
- Restrict user activities by implementing Group Policy objects
- Configure Windows systems to enable Remote Desktop Connections
- Build an ODBC connection to an SQL Server database