What is Cloudera?
Talend explains that Cloudera is a software company that, for more than a decade, has provided a structured, flexible, and scalable platform, enabling sophisticated analysis of big data using Apache Hadoop, in any environment.
In 2008, key engineers from Facebook, Google, Oracle, and Yahoo came together to create Cloudera. The idea arose from the need to create a product to help everyone harness the power of Hadoop distribution software.
For years, Hadoop had helped businesses and other organizations store, sort, and analyze large volumes of data. Cloudera was launched to help users deploy and manage Hadoop, bringing order and understanding to the data that serves as the lifeblood of any modern organization.
Cloudera allows for a depth of data processing that goes beyond just data accumulation and storage. Cloudera’s enhanced capabilities provide the power to analyze data rapidly and easily while tracking and securing it across all environments. By using Cloudera’s comprehensive audits and lineage tracing, users can know where data originated and why it matters.
What is the Cloudera Data Analyst Training course all about?
Cloudera Educational Services’ four-day Data Analyst Training course will teach you to apply traditional data analytics and business intelligence skills to big data. This course presents the tools data professionals need to access, manipulate, transform, and analyze complex data sets using SQL and familiar scripting languages.
What to Expect?
Through instructor-led discussion and interactive, hands-on exercises, participants will navigate the ecosystem, learning:
- How the open-source ecosystem of big data tools addresses challenges not met by traditional RDBMSs
- Using Apache Hive and Apache Impala to provide SQL access to data
- Hive and Impala syntax and data formats, including functions and subqueries
- Create, modify, and delete tables, views, and databases; load data; and store results of queries
- Create and use partitions and different file formats
- Combining two or more datasets using JOIN or UNION, as appropriate
- What analytic and windowing functions are, and how to use them
- Store and query complex or nested data structures
- Process and analyze semi-structured and unstructured data
- Techniques for optimizing Hive and Impala queries
- Extending the capabilities of Hive and Impala using parameters, custom file formats, and SerDes, and external scripts
- How to determine whether Hive, Impala, an RDBMS, or a mix of these is best for a given task
Target Audience & Prerequisites
This course is designed for data analysts, business intelligence specialists, developers, system architects, and database administrators. Some knowledge of SQL is assumed, as is basic Linux command-line familiarity. Prior knowledge of Apache Hadoop is not required.
Upon completion of the course, attendees are encouraged to continue their studies and register for the CCA Data Analyst exam. Certification is a great differentiator. It helps establish you as a leader in the field, providing employers and customers with tangible evidence of your skills and expertise.
Advance your ecosystem expertise
Apache Hive makes transformation and analysis of complex, multi-structured data scalable in Cloudera environments. Apache Impala enables real-time interactive analysis of the data stored in Hadoop using a native SQL environment. Together, they make multi-structured data accessible to analysts, database administrators, and others without Java programming expertise.
Apache Hadoop Fundamentals
Introduction to Apache Hive and Impala
Querying with Apache Hive and Impala
Common Operators and Built-In Functions
Data Storage and Performance
Working with Multiple Datasets
Analytic Functions and Windowing
Apache Hive Optimization
Apache Impala Optimization
Extending Apache Hive and Impala
Choosing the Best Tool for the Job
Big data has been a hot topic for over five years now. To manage, process, and understand this data, it is important for companies to work with tools that can help systematically extract data and design creative and smart solutions.
Explore Cloudera Data Analyst Training course to streamline handling and managing big data.
To enroll, contact P2L today!