What is VMware?
VMware is a software solutions provider specializing in cloud and virtualization services that powers complex digital infrastructure. Released in 2009, VMware vSphere is a cloud computing virtualization platform that supports container-based application development.
Why take this course?
VMware vSphere is designed for the system administrator or system engineer who is rather new to virtualization or has never played with a virtual machine. Students will learn how virtual machines interact with the physical hardware that they’re running on and about the VMware ESXi, an enterprise-class, type-1 hypervisor developed by VMware for deploying and serving virtual computers. As a type-1 hypervisor, ESXi is not a software application that is installed on an operating system; instead, it includes and integrates vital OS components.
Students will be building and playing with virtual machines, so it will be helpful if the student already knows how to install and manage Microsoft Windows or Linux Operating Systems. It will also be helpful if the student has at least some networking and storage experience.
This course is recommended for system administrators and system engineers
A requirement to take this course : system administration experience on Microsoft Windows or Linux operating systems.
Here are the skills you will gain after taking this course :
- Describe the software-defined data center (SDDC)
- Explain the vSphere components and their function in the infrastructure
- Install and configure VMware ESXi™ hosts
- Deploy and configure VMware vCenter® Server Appliance™
- Use VMware vSphere® Client™ to manage the vCenter Server inventory and the vCenter Server configuration
- Manage, monitor, back up, and protect vCenter Server Appliance
- Create virtual networks with vSphere standard switches
- Describe the storage technologies supported by vSphere
- Configure virtual storage using iSCSI and NFS storage
- Create and manage VMware vSphere® VMFS datastores
- Use the vSphere Client to create virtual machines, templates, clones, and snapshots
- Create a content library and deploy virtual machines from templates in the library
- Manage virtual machine resource use
- Migrate virtual machines with VMware vSphere® vMotion® and VMware vSphere® Storage vMotion®
- Create and manage a vSphere cluster that is enabled with VMware vSphere® High Availability and VMware vSphere® Distributed Resource Scheduler™
- Discuss solutions for managing the vSphere life cycle
- Use VMware vSphere® Update Manager™ to apply patches and perform upgrades to ESXi hosts and virtual machines
Here is the course outline :
- Course Introduction
- Introduction to vSphere and Software-Defined Data Center
- Virtual MachinesvCenter Server
- Configuring and Managing Virtual Networks
- Configuring and Managing Virtual Storage
- Virtual Machine Management
- Resource Management and Monitoring
- vSphere Cluster
- vSphere Lifecycle
These are the suggested follow-on courses
- VMware NSX : Install Configure Manage v6.4
- VMware vSphere : Optimize and Scale v6.7
- VMware vRealize Lifecycle Manager : Install Configure Manage v8.0
- VMware Horizon 8 : Deploy and Manage
If you’re interested in becoming a certified VMware professional, this is the perfect course for you!
Contact P2L today to learn more about this course.