Accelerated Future Ready Leadership
Industry: Leadership Development
Location : In-Person
Language : English
About this course
There’s no doubt that we are all in agreement that this decade hasn’t been smooth. Many businesses have been put in a commercial crisis as a result of Covid’s restrictions. These restrictions will harm their ability to deliver services to their customers and generate revenue to pay their employees and satisfy their investors. The resilience of many businesses, despite economic hardship, has been demonstrated by their innovativeness and willingness to adjust quickly, safeguarding their businesses and employment.
The companies that have had success with this strategy have had leaders who asked their employees, “How can we help?” to engage them. It has gathered information, weighed radical ideas, and acted decisively in response to it. As a result, they learned how to adapt quickly.
According to Forbes, here are are five key reasons to intentionally build strong leadership coaching capability at an organizational level :
- Strengthen the innovation muscle - Innovation as an organizational behavior is a muscle that requires the right leadership regimen to develop and strengthen. A sustained directive leadership style stifles innovation as teams look to their leaders for instruction rather than looking with curiosity to what is possible. Leaders and organizations that can adopt a coaching style by asking questions and creating space for their team to apply the approach they think is best enable teams to innovate and solve problems in ways beyond simply completing tasks.
- Build deeper bench strength - Name a professional sports organization with a history of success, and you will find numerous quotes about how "depth wins championships," the critical "points from the bench" or the importance of "building from the draft." Building a culture of consistent leadership behavior through developing strong coaching skills in individual leaders allows organizations to be in a constant state of people development. Through a coaching approach, teams experience incremental gains that allow for knowledge transfer, strong relationships and shared commitments.
- Close the generation gap - Younger generations of employees, and those identified as high-potentials key to succession planning, have consistently expressed the desire for a coach and leader, not a boss. Developing coaching skills such as situational leadership will allow leaders to engage team members from all generations with an approach that is most effective for them and applicable in the moment.
- Create space for strategic leadership - There is a direct correlation between a leader’s ability as a coach and the amount of time that leader has available to focus on the more strategic elements of the team and organization. As leaders strengthen their coaching skills, they spend less time managing tasks, providing the answers or controlling the work of their team members. The line-ups at their proverbial door start to decrease. The incremental growth and development of their team enable more delegation, which in turn allows leadership to focus on strategic and longer-term objectives.
- Shape learning cultures - Leaders who use powerful coaching questions and a coaching approach to leadership create new understanding and foster accountability in their teams. This skill development becomes contagious as team members take the skills learned in that scenario and apply them with others, actively seeking the same benefits they have experienced. The impact of coaching skills on developing people is truly exponential and long-lasting.
What Will You Accomplish?
In this course you will learn :
- Explain responsibility and empowerment.
- Rate yourself and your team on the PowerMeter
- Discuss the Account-Able Choice
- Identify obstacles to being accountable
- Speak the language of empowerment and accountability
- Apply a five-step model to create accountability in others
Who is this course for?
During the Acceleration course, Senior-Level leaders will learn the interpersonal skills and behaviors necessary to become more effective and efficient leaders for their organizations.
The Acceleration program offers a series of advanced leadership sessions that will strengthen participants based on 360-degree feedback and the results of a coaching session. Each participant is allowed to shape his or her competence in any way he or she wishes.