Everyday Coaching Conversations
Duration: 1 day
Industry: Leadership Development
Location : In Person
Language : English
About this course
EC2 or “Everyday Coaching Conversations” gives you, as a leader, the opportunity to enhance your coaching skills. It allows you to take advantage of spontaneous interactions you have with your employees. This program is highly experiential and does away with traditional coaching models for an intuitive and practical approach. It makes coaching memorable and accessible in-the-moment for both new and experienced coaches alike.
Chances are that you're missing key opportunities to coach your employees. Good leaders understand the benefits of coaching their employees. Great leaders can identify and/or create coaching moments everyday. They have the ability to seize the impromptu interactions that give way to everyday coaching conversations.
Great Coaching Conversations: The 5 Cs.
According to Transformational Leadership, these 5 Cs sum up a great coaching conversation:
- Clarity: Be clear in what needs to be communicated. Think of the specific changes that your employee will benefit from in the future?
- Compassion: Instill the mindset that feedback is a gift. Let them know that you’re on their team and working toward the goal of helping them reach their potential. Then, ask the employee what support they need to follow through on the coaching given.
- Curiosity: Approach from a place of curiosity rather than judgment. Ask what could they have done better?
- Confirmation: Acknowledge the emotion. Restate your understanding of what the employee said
- Commitment: Ask them the most important takeaways for them from this conversation, the new behaviors that they will practice, and determine follow-up actions”
For more information about this course, please check this blog from P2L.
What Will You Accomplish?
In this course you will learn :
- How to prioritize coaching as part of your leadership strategy
- Ability to instinctively apply coaching tactics in everyday interactions
- Execute tangible movement towards creating a coaching culture
- Ability to retain top talent
- How to utilize positive psychology to move employees forward
- How to apply mindfulness moments to increase engagement of employees
- Facilitate improvement in employee-manager relations