Managing Professional Growth
Duration: : 6 hours (two 3-hour modules with prework and homework in-between the modules)
Industry: Leadership Development
Location : Virtual
Language : English
About this course
Provides practical processes for feedback, analysis, planning, and action that enable employees to increase their satisfaction, enhance their performance, and align their development efforts with the organizational strategy.
Why you should focus on managing professional growth?
Business strategies and performance management systems can be top-notch. Rewards and accountability checks may be well-established and enforced. Yet, one of the most persistent challenges organizations face is obtaining top productivity and commitment from the people who do the work.
All valuable employees demand challenging and meaningful work. They want to keep learning, growing, and contributing to their companies. Hence, it is crucial for employers to assist them in developing their skill sets and allow them the autonomy to make decisions that affect their work. According to Achievers, not only will it keep employees happy in their jobs and increase retention, but it also builds a skilled team of people who have the ability to perform multiple job functions. Leading employers know how important it is to place employees’ professional development at the heart of company policy. Talented professionals want to work for a company that will help them to build skills and knowledge and further their careers.
Glassdoor suggests that employee growth and professional development initiatives are a great way for businesses to keep employees satisfied and committed. Udemy found that 42 percent of employees said that learning and development were the most important benefits when deciding where to work.
Through a proactive approach towards employee growth and professional development strategies, leaders can mitigate employee turnover and encourage more productivity.
Here is a compilation list of ways to manage employee professional growth:
- Promote virtual training and learning
- Encourage mentoring, coaching, and job shadowing
- Rotate employee roles and responsibilities
- Take a personal interest in an employee’s career aspirations.
- Support work-life balance
- Give recognition, incentives, and rewards
- Offer real-time feedback in addition to annual Reviews
- Use Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- Identify and Develop Soft Skills
- Implement Cross-Departmental Training Programs
- Allocate new projects or responsibilities to employees
- Facilitate Knowledge sharing within the organization
- Encourage employees to attend industry conferences/events
For more information, please check this blog from P2L.
What Will You Accomplish?
As a result of this workshop, participants will be able to:
• Clarify what’s most important to them personally (values and work environment)
• Clarify what’s most important to the organization and their manager (expectations and priorities)
• Obtain ideas for improving job satisfaction, increasing contribution, and developing the capabilities that matter most
• Create a structured discussion plan for exploring actions to fuel their success and growth with their manager
Who is this course for?
The course equips leaders with personal insights, robust performance feedback, and a proven employee-manager conversation structure focused on increased engagement, development, and mutual success.