Systems Operations on AWS
Learn how to create automatable and repeatable deployments of networks and systems on the AWS platform. Explore AWS features and tools related to configuration and deployment.
Duration: 3 days
Industry: Information Technology
About this course
System Operations on AWS is designed to teach those in a Systems Administrator or Developer Operations (DevOps) role how to create automatable and repeatable deployments of networks and systems on the AWS platform. System Operations course covers the specific AWS features and tools related to configuration and deployment, as well as common techniques used throughout the industry for configuring and deploying systems.
For more information, please follow this link to getting started on Amazon Web Services section of the Amazon website, as well as this P2L blog on System Operations on Amazon Web Services.
Who can benefit?
People who can benefit from this course are:
- System Administrators
- Software Developers, especially those in a Developer Operations (DevOps) role
This is what you'll learn
- Use standard AWS infrastructure features such as Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Elastic Load Balancing, and Auto Scaling from the command line
- Use AWS Cloud Formation and other automation technologies to produce stacks of AWS resources that can be deployed in an automated, repeatable fashion
- Build functioning virtual private networks with Amazon VPC from the ground up using the AWS Management Console
- Deploy Amazon EC2 instances using command line calls and troubleshoot the most common problems with instances
- Manage user identity, AWS permissions, and security in the cloud
- Manage resource consumption in an AWS account using tools such as Amazon CloudWatch, tagging, and Trusted Advisor
- Select and implement the best strategy for creating reusable Amazon EC2 instances
- Configure a set of Amazon EC2 instances that launch behind a load balancer, with the system scaling up and down in
response to demand
- Edit and troubleshoot a basic AWS CloudFormation stack definition
- Monitor the health of Amazon EC2 instances and other AWS services
- Understanding Systems Operations on AWS
- Tooling and Automation
- Computing (Servers)
- Computing (Scaling and Name Resolution)
- Computing (Containers and Serverless)
- Computing (Database Services)
- Storage and Archiving
- Monitoring and Security
- Managing Resource Consumption
- Creating Automated and Repeatable Deployments
Essentials for Getting Started - AWS Technical Essentials
Sep 21-23, 2022
Oct 26-28, 2022
Nov 2-4, 2022
Start training and begin working towards one of the following certifications today.
AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate
Browse the suggested follow-on courses below and continue your training journey.
DevOps - DevOps Engineering on AWS
Security - Security Engineering on AWS
Architect - Advanced Architecting on AWS
We offer training in various learning formats,
from instructor-led to virtual, so you can choose what works best for you. Get started by selecting a course to learn more.