Architecting With Google Compute Engine
Duration: 3 days
Industry: Information Technology
About this course
Architecting with Google Cloud
Master the comprehensive and flexible infrastructure and platform services provided by Google Cloud, with a focus on Compute Engine.
Through a combination of demos, presentations, and hands-on labs, you get to explore and deploy solution elements, including infrastructure components like networks, application services, and systems.
Not only that, but you also learn how to deploy practical solutions including securely interconnecting networks, security and access management, quotas and billing, customer-supplied encryption keys, and resource monitoring.
Who can benefit?
People who can benefit from this course are:
- Cloud Solutions Architects
- DevOps Engineers
- Individuals using Google Cloud to create new solutions or to integrate existing systems, application environments, and infrastructure, with a focus on Compute Engine.
This is what you'll learn
- Introduction to Google Cloud
- Virtual Networks
- Virtual Machines
- Cloud IAM
- Storage and Database Services
- Resource Management
- Resource Monitoring
- Interconnecting Networks
- Load Balancing and Autoscaling
- Infrastructure Modernization
- Managed Services
- List the different ways of interacting with Google Cloud
- Use the Cloud Console and Cloud Shell.
- Create Cloud Storage buckets
- Use the Google Cloud Marketplace to deploy solutions
- List the VPC objects in Google Cloud.
- Differentiate between the different types of VPC networks
- Implement VPC networks and firewall rules
- Implement Private Google Access and Cloud NAT
- Recall the CPU and memory options for virtual machines
- Describe the disk options for virtual machines
- Explain VM pricing and discounts.
- Use Compute Engine to create and customize VM instances
- Describe the Cloud IAM resource hierarchy
- Explain the different types of IAM roles
- Recall the different types of IAM members
- Implement access control for resources using Cloud IAM
- Differentiate between Cloud Storage, Cloud SQL, Cloud Spanner, Cloud Firestore and Cloud Bigtable
- Choose a data storage service based on your requirements
- Implement data storage services
- Describe the cloud resource manager hierarchy
- Recognize how quotas protect Google Cloud customers
- Use labels to organize resources
- Explain the behavior of budget alerts in Google Cloud
- Examine billing data with BigQuery
- Describe the services for monitoring, logging, error reporting, tracing, and debugging
- Create charts, alerts, and uptime checks for resources with Cloud Monitoring
- Use Cloud Debugger to identify and fix errors
- Recall the Google Cloud interconnect and peering services available to connect your infrastructure to Google Cloud
- Determine which Google Cloud interconnect or peering service to use in specific circumstances
- Create and configure VPN gateways
- Recall when to use Shared VPC and when to use VPC Network Peering
- Recall the various load balancing services.
- Determine which Google Cloud load balancer to use in specific circumstances.
- Describe autoscaling behavior
- Configure load balancers and autoscaling
- Automate the deployment of Google Cloud services using Deployment Manager or Terraform
- Outline the Google Cloud Marketplace
- Describe the managed services for data processing in Google Cloud
- Completion of Google Cloud Fundamentals or equivalent experience.
- Basic proficiency with command-line tools and Linux operating system environments.
- Systems operations experience, including deploying and managing applications, either on-premises or in a public cloud environment.
Dec 19-21, 2022