Google Cloud Fundamentals: Core Infrastructure
Duration: 1 day
Industry: Information Technology
About this course - Google Cloud
Learn about Google Cloud Fundamentals' computing and the different storage services available, including Compute Engine, Google Kubernetes Engine, App Engine, Cloud Storage, Cloud SQL, and BigQuery. This course also introduces important resource and policy management tools such as the Resource Manager hierarchy and Cloud Identity and Access Management.
Who can benefit?
This course is specifically designed for you if:
- Individuals who want to deploy applications and create application environments on Google Cloud.
- Systems operations professionals, developers, and solution architects getting started with Google Cloud.
- Executives and business heads evaluating the potential of Google Cloud to address business needs.
This is what you'll learn - Google Cloud Fundamentals
- Identify the purpose and value of Google Cloud products and services
- Interact with Google Cloud services
- Describe ways in which customers have used Google Cloud
- Choosing among and using application deployment environments on Google Cloud: Google App Engine, Google Kubernetes Engine, and Google Compute Engine
- Choosing among and using Google Cloud storage options: Google Cloud Storage, Google Cloud SQL, Google Cloud Bigtable, and Google Cloud Datastore
- Explain the advantages of Google Cloud Platform.
- Define the components of Google's network infrastructure, including: Points of presence, data centers, regions, and zones.
- Understand the difference between Infrastructure-as-a- Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS).
- Identify the purpose of projects on Google Cloud Platform.
- Understand the purpose of and use cases for Identity and Access Management.
- List the methods of interacting with Google Cloud Platform.
- Lab: Getting Started with Google Cloud Platform.
- Identify the purpose of and use cases for Google Compute Engine.
- Understand the various Google Cloud Platform networking and operational tools and services.
- Lab: Compute Engine
- Understand the purpose of and use cases for: Google Cloud Storage, Google Cloud SQL, Google Cloud Bigtable, and Google Cloud Datastore.
- Learn how to choose between the various storage options on Google Cloud Platform.
- Lab: Cloud Storage and Cloud SQL
- Define the concept of a container and identify uses for containers.
- Identify the purpose of and use cases for Google Kubernetes Engine and Kubernetes.
- Lab: Kubernetes Engine
- Understand the purpose of and use cases for Google App Engine.
- Contrast the App Engine Standard environment with the App Engine Flexible environment.
- Understand the purpose of and use cases for Google Cloud Endpoints.
- Lab: App Engine
- Understand options for software developers to host their source code.
- Understand the purpose of template-based creation and management of resources.
- Understand the purpose of integrated monitoring, alerting, and debugging.
- Lab: Deployment Manager and Stackdriver
- Understand the purpose of and use cases for the products and services in the Google Cloud big data and machine learning platforms.
- Lab: BigQuery
- Making basic use of BigQuery, Google’s managed data warehouse for analytics
- Making basic use of Cloud Deployment Manager, Google’s tool for creating and managing cloud resources through templates
- Making basic use of Google Stackdriver, Google’s monitoring, logging, and diagnostics system
Familiarity with the Linux command line, web servers, and text editors.
Dec 12, 2022