DevOps Engineering on AWS
Strong DevOps engineers as part of a DevOps team facilitate better functioning of development and IT in conjunction, rapid releases of product updates, and efficient automation of internal processes. The term DevOps is an amalgamation of ‘development and operations’. DevOps refers to a development strategy that bridges the gap between IT operations and software development. It strives to develop an efficient relationship between the two departments, resulting in quicker development and releasing of regular product updates. So, DevOps is a step before deployment, making sure everything is ready for a smooth, error-free release.
Continuous Integration and Continuous Development (CI/CD) are fundamental concepts in DevOps. Traditional waterfall methodologies are more linear and rigid in the timeframe while DevOps run a concurrent feedback loop. With this approach, multiple deployments is possible per day using a DevOps approach, and users do not have to perform any action on their end.
What is a DevOps engineer?
A DevOps engineer works with software developers, admins and system operators, IT operations staff, and others to supervise and facilitate code releases/deployments on a CI/CD basis.
Responsibilities of DevOps engineers?
- Designing and improving IT infrastructure: A DevOps engineer can identify improvements to get releases to market quicker.
- Project management: DevOps engineers are leaders, making sure everyone’s clear on goals and objectives, conscious of major deadlines, and in regular communication.
- Performance testing and benchmarking: DevOps engineers evaluate how well and reliably systems run.
- Optimizing release cycles: DevOps engineers look for ways to optimize release cycles, remove hidden time drains, and introduce new methods of moving the process along
- Automation: DevOps engineers reduce hours by automating tasks and building useful software plugins that lighten a software team’s load.
- Monitoring and reporting: DevOps engineers provide feedback from production to reduce ‘time to detect’ (TTD) errors and ‘time to minimize’ (TTM) them.
- Security: security-focused DevOps refer to best practices aimed at keeping security central to all DevOps processes, including automation of key processes, infrastructure design, and release schedules.
Is DevOps Engineering on AWS right for you?
P2L has partnered up with Amazon Web Services to create the perfect course for current and/or aspiring DevOps Engineers.