DESCRIPTION: Most good leaders know the benefits that come with coaching their employees. What sets great leaders apart from good leaders is the ability to identify or create coaching moments on a daily basis – to seize the impromptu interactions that give way to everyday coaching conversations. EC2 or “Everyday Coaching Conversations” gives you the opportunity to elevate your coaching skills so you can take advantage of the quick, spontaneous interactions you have with your employees. This highly experiential program throws traditional coaching
models aside in favor of a very intuitive and practical approach that makes coaching memorable and accessible in-the-moment for both novice and experienced coaches alike.
Great Coaching Conversations: The 5 Cs.
According to Transformational Leadership, these 5 Cs sum up a great coaching conversation:
- Clarity: Be clear in what needs to be communicated. Think of the specific changes that your employee will benefit from in the future?
- Compassion: Instill the mindset that feedback is a gift. Let them know that you’re on their team and working toward the goal of helping them reach their potential. Then, ask the employee what support they need to follow through on the coaching given.
- Curiosity: Approach from a place of curiosity rather than judgment. Ask what could they have done better?
- Confirmation: Acknowledge the emotion. Restate your understanding of what the employee said
- Commitment: Ask them the most important takeaways for them from this conversation, the new behaviors that they will practice, and determine follow-up actions”
For more information about this course, please check this blog from P2L.
- Leaders who prioritize coaching as part of their leadership strategy
- Leaders who instinctively apply coaching tactics in everyday interactions
- Tangible movement towards creating a coaching culture
- Retain top talent
- Leaders will utilize positive psychology to move employees forward
- Leaders will apply mindfulness moments to increase engagement of employees
- Improvement in employee-manager relations