Network Automation With Python and Ansible
This intensive four-day hands-on Python training course is designed to help network engineers unlock the power of Python in combination with the programmability of modern networking systems. The class provides a start to finish the introduction to Python application programming for networking and network equipment. Students will learn about Python data types, program structure, functions, classes, and methods; will work with Git and understand distributed code management techniques; and will learn and use Python networking packages such as paramiko, netmiko pysnmp and more.
Attendees will leave with a clear understanding of Python networking features and how to code with a wide range of third party and vendor-specific libraries for controlling networking and network equipment. Students will gain hands-on experience with Python and network systems applications; will work with Cisco IOS, VMware NSX, and Arista EOS; and will learn how to use Ansible to automate network configurations.
Upon completion of the training, attendees will have the skills and information necessary to begin developing purpose-built Python applications to integrate with and control networking systems in an enterprise setting.
This course is designed to help network engineers unlock the power of Python in combination with the programmability of modern networking systems.
- Python overview: functions, classes, I/O, creating programs
- Python automated tests and continuous integration (CI)
- Python networking packages
- Cisco IOS, VMware NSX, and Arista EOS operations
- Ansible for Networks
- Each attendee will require the ability to run a 64 bit virtual machine (provided with the course). Attendees must also have experience with networks and networking systems, as well as some programming experience.