DESCRIPTION: Businesses easily get stuck in using the same strategic approaches, when in fact, unleashing creative solutions that push beyond the obvious creates a Fourth Option® not previously considered. Individuals and teams working through The Outthinker Process discover Fourth Options® for breakthrough solutions to challenges of any size. Throughout this one or one-and-a-half-day program, participants first work through a business case to master the process, habits, and core tools. Participants then deepen their skills by applying what they have learned to a
real-life, immediate business challenge. By immediately practicing what they learn, participants build their comfort level by designing innovative strategies to create breakthrough solutions to their business challenges.
Business leaders need to get on board with The Outthinking process if they want to tap into innovative organizational success. The year 2021 is a pivotal moment where the world is changing rapidly. Leadership and success during such challenging times necessitate innovation in strategy. According to the Growth Institute, “There’s going to be two types of companies that emerge: the thinkers, and the Outthinkers.” Innovation is more about “out-thinking” rather than outspending the competition. Outthinkers are leaders who embrace new concepts to drive their organization on a path toward remarkable and sustainable growth. Kaihan Krippendorff states that the key to becoming the Outthinker lies in your ability to uncover, execute on, and exploit the strategic Fourth Option in your organization.
Kaihan Krippendorff defines the three classic ways of outthinking:
- Disruptive Innovation: Targeting customer segments that competitors view as low-value or a product viewed as non-sophisticated.
- Blue Ocean Strategy: Finding a new market or new customers instead of targeting an existing market or customer base.
- Take It Whole” conquering the prize in question with no bloodshed or destruction.
The Fourth Option is the point at which others stop thinking. Introducing Fourth Options can be extremely profitable when the norm is changing. In the middle of a global pandemic is prime time to discover Fourth Options.
- Learn and gain command over a set of strategic and innovative thinking tools
- Apply these tools to real-world challenges
- Create Fourth Option® solutions for a current initiative or problem
For more information, please check this blog from P2L.