VMware vSphere : Install, Configure, Manage v7
Duration: 5 days
Industry: Information Technology
About this course
What is VMware vSphere?
VMware is a software solutions provider specializing in cloud and virtualization services that powers complex digital infrastructure. Released in 2009, VMware vSphere is a cloud computing virtualization platform that supports container-based application development. VMware vSphere enables your organization to power its computing environment for modern applications using any combination of containers, virtual machines, and Kubernetes.
Why choose VMware vSphere?
vSphere 7 has been rearchitected with native Kubernetes for application modernization. It is the biggest release of vSphere in over a decade. VMware vSphere® with VMware Tanzu™ enables IT administrators all over the world to get started with Kubernetes workloads within an hour.
For more information about this course, please check this blog from P2L, as well as this post from VMware.
Who can benefit?
System administrators and System engineers are best suited to this course.
This is what you'll learn
- Describe the software-defined data center (SDDC)
- Explain the vSphere components and their function in the infrastructure
- Install and configure VMware ESXi™ hosts
- Deploy and configure VMware vCenter® Server Appliance™
- Use VMware vSphere® Client™ to manage the vCenter Server inventory and the vCenter Server configuration
- Manage, monitor, back up, and protect vCenter Server Appliance
- Create virtual networks with vSphere standard switches
- Describe the storage technologies supported by vSphere
- Configure virtual storage using iSCSI and NFS storage
- Creating and managing VMware vSphere® VMFS datastores
- Using the vSphere Client to create virtual machines, clones, templates, and snapshots
- Creating a content library and deploying virtual machines from templates in the library
- Managing virtual machine resource use
- Migrating virtual machines with VMware vSphere® vMotion® and VMware vSphere® Storage vMotion®
- Creating and managing a vSphere cluster that is enabled with VMware vSphere® High Availability and VMware
vSphere® Distributed Resource Scheduler™
- Discussing solutions for managing the vSphere life cycle
- Using VMware vSphere® Update Manager™ to apply patches and perform upgrades to ESXi hosts and virtual machines
- Course Introduction
- Introduction to vSphere and Software-Defined Data Center
- Virtual Machines
- vCenter Server
- Configuring and Managing Virtual Networks
- Configuring and Managing Virtual Storage
- Virtual Machine Management
- Resource Management and Monitoring
- vSphere Cluster
- vSphere Lifecycle
- System administration experience on Microsoft Windows or Linux operating systems
These are the suggested follow-on courses :
- VMware NSX : Install Configure Manage v6.4
- VMware vSphere : Optimize and Scale v6.7
- VMware vRealize Lifecycle Manager : Install Configure Manage v8.0
- VMware Horizon 8 : Deploy and Manage
Sep 19-23, 2022
Oct 3-7, 2022