What exactly is Red Hat System Administration I?
Are you an IT professional looking at ways to upskill to bag that promotion you’ve been waiting for? Then we’ve picked the right course for you. Red Hat System Administration I is a course curated specially for those working in the IT sector who do not have previous Linux administration experience. This course aims to equip professionals with Linux administration “survival skills” by focusing on core administration tasks. For those planning on pursuing a full-time career as Linux system administrators, this course can help get your foot in the door by introducing key command line concepts and other enterprise-level tools.
What are the outcomes of Red Hat System Administration I?
Red Hat System Administration I can help boost the career of an IT professional and take it to unimagined heights. Some major benefits of completing the course include understanding the functioning of Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems, the ability to perform essential Linux administration tasks, such as installation, establishing network connectivity, and managing physical storage.
Other skills that a student can gain by the end of the course are:
- Introduction to the command line
- Managing physical storage
- Learning how to install and configure software components and services
- Establishing network connections and firewall access
- Monitoring and managing processes
- Managing and securing files
- Administrating users and groups
- Accessing Linux file systems
- Installing and using virtualized systems
- Reviewing the system log files and journal
What are the prerequisites for this course?
The selling point of this course is that it is put together for those with no prior knowledge of Linux administration. However, basic technical skills and understanding of computer applications is a given and previous operating system administration experience can come in handy.