What is SAS?
In addition to data management, advanced analytics, multivariate analysis, business intelligence, criminal investigation, and predictive analytics, SAS is a statistical software suite developed by the SAS Institute.
SAS Enterprise Guide: Querying & Reporting
This course is for users who do not have SAS programming experience but need to access, manage, and summarize data from different sources, and present results in reports and graphs.
You will learn how to create SAS reports and queries using SAS Enterprise Guide, the point-and-click interface to SAS. It does not deal with SAS programming or statistical concepts.
Who is this course for?
- Business, statistical, and data analysts licensed or considering SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Analytics Pro who would like to learn how to access, manage, and analyze data.
- Users without any previous programming experience or knowledge of SAS can take this course. Before attending this course ideally, you should know Windows and other software, like Microsoft Office and spreadsheets.
Skills You Will Learn
- Various types of local and remote data can be accessed and manipulated.
- Join data from multiple tables, filter and summarize data, and create new columns.
- Prepare frequency and tabular reports.
- Produce output results automatically.
- Introducing SAS Enterprise Guide.
- Working with SAS Enterprise Guide projects.
Working with Data in a Project
- Understanding SAS data structures.
- Accessing data.
- Importing data files.
Getting Started with Tasks
- Introduction to tasks and wizards.
- Creating a frequency report.
- Generating different output formats.
- Creating a listing report.
- Filtering data in a task.
- Creating a graph.
Creating Simple Queries
- Filtering and sorting data.
- Creating new columns.
- Grouping and summarizing data.
- Joining tables.
Creating Summarized Output
- Generating summary statistics.
- Creating a summary table report.
Using Prompts in Tasks and Queries
- Prompting in projects.
- Creating and using prompts in tasks.
- Creating and using prompts in queries.
Customizing and Organizing Project Results
- Combining results.
- Updating and organizing projects.