Linux Foundation: Kubernetes for App Developers
This three-day course will teach you how to containerize, host, deploy and configure a multi-node cluster application. It also prepares you for the Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD) exam. Therefore, this course serves as a valuable asset as it greatly increases the student’s chances of becoming a certified developer.
Why choose Kubernetes?
Kubernetes adoption is skyrocketing, as it is one of the fastest-growing open-source projects in history. The Cloud Native Computing Foundation is dedicated to growing the community of Kubernetes-aware application developers, allowing the technology to continue to grow across a wide range of organizations.
Key Topics Covered in Kubernetes for App Developers
This course’s learning objectives are vendor and distribution agnostic. As a result, you will have more leeway as well as the opportunity to apply your newly acquired skills to a broader range of situations.
To get the most out of this course, you should have basic Linux command line and file editing skills and be familiar with using a programming language (such as Python, Node.js, Go). A knowledge of Cloud Native application concepts and architectures (such as is taught in our free Introduction to Kubernetes edX MOOC) is helpful for this course.
Why do developers prefer Kubernetes?
- It has a strong community, so you can easily get help and answers when you need them.
- Provides rapid development skills by allowing you to deploy and update your applications more quickly and at scale to the market, thanks to features like the Maintenance window and exclusion.
- Acts as excellent support for microservice applications.
- In Kubernetes, zero-downtime deployments, fault tolerance, high availability, scaling, scheduling, and self-healing add significant value.
- Excellent platform for multi-cloud adoption.
For more information about this course, please check this blog post from P2L.