Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System Training Course
Overview of the course : Explore the fundamental safety measures that help reduce the risk of hazardous chemicals in the workplace. Workers in contact with hazardous chemicals must understand the risks associated with the substances that they are working with, whether workers use hazardous chemicals daily or as infrequently as once a year, it is essential that they understand hazard classes and communication, WHMIS pictograms and labels, as well as safety data sheets, and more. The most important thing in any workplace is the safety of the the people in it; WHMIS guidelines help to ensure that your organization is as safe as possible for everyone.
Organizational Objective WHMIS
Added Confidence in Staff Ability and Proficiency
• Increases Safety Awareness in the Work Culture
• Develops a Consistent Standard For All Members Across the Organization
• Builds Worker Confidence and Understanding of Regulations
• Helps Mitigate the Risk of Litigation
• Photo Verification Provides Proof of Training
• Self-pacing Provides Proof that Learners Understood Training
• Satisfaction that Program is developed in line with CCOHS Standards
• Display and Promote Positive Practices Around Hazardous Chemicals
• Determine Appropriate Procedures in Accordance With WHMIS Classification
• Successfully Observe Hazard Classes
• Comfortably Understand Safety Data Sheets
• Effectively Comprehend Hazard Communication
• Uphold and Encourage Regulation Awareness
• Confidently Recognise and Identify WHMIS Pictograms and Labels
• Understand and Adhere to Supplier Labels
Topics Covered/Skills You Will Learn
• Hazard Communication
• WHMIS Pictograms
• Supplier Labels
• Safety Data Sheets
Audience/Who is this course for
• Workers and Leaders at all Organizational Levels
• Experienced Professionals Looking to Advance or Update Skills.
For more information about this course, please contact P2L, and read this article from the government of Ontario.
There are no reviews yet.