ForgeRock Identity Gateway Course Concepts Online Training Course
The ForgeRock® Identity Gateway Core Concepts course is for students who want to examine core concepts and implement key use cases and features of ForgeRock Identity Gateway (IG) to help extend access to and protect web applications, legacy applications, and application programming interfaces (APIs), within an access management solution. This course comprises a mix of instructor-led lessons and demonstrations with plenty of lab exercises to ensure an opportunity to fully understand each of the topics covered. It provides students with the necessary skills to plan, install, configure, and administer an IG deployment. The main goal of the course is to provide a thorough understanding of, and hands-on experience with IG, so students can control the most important functions of and manage a successful production deployment. Note that Revision B of this course is built on version 6.5 of ForgeRock Identity Gateway.
Who is this course for?
- System Integrators
- System Consultants
- System Architects
- System Administrators
- Web Developers
- Basic knowledge and skills using the Linux operating system to complete labs
- Basic knowledge of HTTP and communications between clients and web applications is critical to understanding and working with IG
- Attendance at AM400 ForgeRock Access Management Core Concepts course or equivalent knowledge
Skills You’ll Gain
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the role and use cases where IG fits within a ForgeRock Identity Platform™ solution, the basic concepts of IG, and how to perform a basic installation and configuration of IG.
- Use IG to protect a legacy application.
- Configure agentless single sign-on with IG, where authentication can be delegated to AM, including cross-domain, to an OIDC provider, or to a SAML2 Identity provider.
- Extend IG to support the retrieval of user profile attributes.
- Use IG as a policy enforcement point to protect a given web application, where AM is the policy decision point, and configure authentication step-up and transactional authorization.
- Protect a REST API using OAuth2-based solutions.
- Extend the solution using scripting.
- Prepare for production of an IG project by addressing maintenance, tuning, security, and deployment questions.