IBM Cognos Analytics Author Reports Fundamentals
This course will introduce Business Authors to the report writing techniques that use relational data models. Activities will showcase and reinforce key concepts during this learning opportunity as methods of enhancing, customizing, and managing professional reports are explored.
What is considered a good report?
It is important for a report to be accurate, objective, and complete. Furthermore, it should be well written, clearly structured, and expressed so that the reader will become engaged and get what he or she needs. Research is shown to be truly valuable when a report is written since the report could be the only tangible product of hundreds of grueling hours of work. In any case, the clarity, organization, and content of a report determine its quality.
What are Business/Professional Reports?
A well-organized formal report with clear arguments is far more valuable than offering unorganized raw data to decision-makers on a massive scale just to provide them with access to a lot of information. A well-structured report allows readers to find their information and skip the rest with little trouble.
- Examine dimensionally modeled and dimensional data sources
- Explore personal data sources and data modules
- Analyze List reports
- Aggregate measure/fact data
- Use shared dimensions to create multi-fact queries
- Add repeated information to reports
- Create crosstab reports
- Form complex crosstab reports
- Format, sort, and aggregate data in a crosstab report
- Create discontinuous crosstab reports
- Build visualization reports
- Add business logic to reports using IBM Cognos Analytics – Reporting
- Focus reports using filters
- Examine reports using prompts
- Augment reports using calculations
- Extend report functionality in IBM Cognos Analytics – Reporting
- Customize reports with conditional formatting
- Conditionally format one crosstab measure based on another
- Drill-through definitions
- Enhance the report layout
- Use additional report building techniques
- Knowledge of your business requirements
- IBM Cognos Analytics for Consumers (v11.0) WBT or equivalent knowledge
For more information about IBM Author Reports Fundamentals, please check this blog from P2L.