Security Engineering on AWS
Are you passionate about information and technology system security? Tell you what, security engineering is an outstanding career choice for you! Read on to find out all about security engineering and how you can train yourself as a security engineer for the AWS cloud. AWS is a rising tech giant with loads of job opportunities FOR YOU!
You want to calibrate your security engineering skills with the cloud. Doing so will not only qualify you for a variety of high-paying jobs but also set you up for a progressive career path that will add the success fuel to your career.
Let’s first learn about security engineers and find out what important roles they perform that are financially and spiritually rewarding.
What do security engineers do?
Security engineers are responsible for the development and supervision of data as well as technical security systems. Their main focus is to prevent breaches and data leaks associated with cybercrime by building firewalls and intrusion detection systems. The mass movement of organizations from physical infrastructure to the cloud necessitates robust information security systems. Security engineers are also called information assurance engineers, and information systems security engineers.
Responsibilities of Security Engineers
- Keeping sensitive data safe from taps, breaches, and leaks.
- Protecting organizational data, finances, and reputations by securing financial records, client information, and all other types of confidential information.
- Working with a team of cybersecurity professionals, including security analysts, penetration testers, and technology managers.
- Detecting, investigating, and preventing security attacks.
- Resolve problems with technology such as IT software and equipment.
- Installing firewalls, and implementing breach detection systems.
- Conducting assessments, testing security systems, and analyzing risks.
Security Operations on AWS is right for you!
P2L has partnered up with Amazon Web Services to create the perfect course for current and/or aspiring Security Engineers.
In case you are completely new to AWS, here is a link to the introductory course Essentials for Getting Started – AWS Technical Essentials course that you can begin with. You can become an AWS Sytems Operator even if you do not know anything about AWS. The foundational course introduces you to the AWS platform from where you can go pretty much anywhere. Here is a great blog post about the beginner AWS course to get you off on the right foot.