Time Management refers to planning and exercising conscious control of time spent on specific activities to work smarter rather than harder.
Become a master of Time Management and get the most out of your 24 hours in a day. In today’s business climate, every member of the organization is challenged to accomplish more in a given day. This can be difficult and lead to increased stress for employees. Effective time management skills allow you to achieve better results at work and also help you withstand stress and live a more fulfilling life outside of work.
Get Things Done in Less Time!
Here are a few tips from Liquid Planner on managing your precious time!
- Set a clear focus for your day
- Plan most important tasks (MITs) earlier in the day
- Identify and manage disruptions
- Stop multi-tasking and plan your day in blocks
- Review your task list at the end of the day
Pro-tip #1 (Courtesy of Forbes): The easiest way to keep track of your time is to download an app like RescueTime, Toggl, or my app Calendar to track everything you do for a week. You can then access a report to find out what’s stealing your time.
Pro-tip #2 Don't forget to schedule some buffer time between tasks. Our brains can only focus for about 90-minutes at a time.
Why Should You Focus on Time Management?
Proofhub puts it best:
Poor time management skills at work can result in:
- Missed deadlines or/and appointments
- Procrastination and lack of focus
- Lack of professionalism
- Inefficient workflow and low work quality
- Avoidable stress
- Poor professional reputation
- Difficult workplace relationships
- Financial penalties
- Work and life imbalance
Improving your time management skills at work allows you to enhance your performance and achieve your desired goals with less effort and more effective strategies.
Time Management Half-Day Course
P2L offers a half-day course called Time Management Half-Day Course for business professionals of all levels to help them extract top productivity from a day's worth of work, every day.
In this course, participants will learn many time management tools and techniques that not only help them complete their projects and tasks more efficiently but also help them manage their stress load.
This is what you will gain from this course:
- Define time management
- Develop an effective planning process
- Identify time wasters and what to do about them
- Create an action plan for future development