PeopleTools is the backbone of PeopleSoft. All PeopleSoft applications, such as Human Capital Management and Customer Relationship Management are built, deployed, and maintained using PeopleTools.
PeopleTools is a versatile platform that can come in handy to do the following:
- Create new applications or customize existing ones
- Manage applications that you have deployed within your company
- Help in providing decision support
- Amalgamate different PeopleSoft applications with each other or third-party applications
- Upgrade and update current PeopleSoft applications
PeopleTools makes it easier to install PeopleSoft applications on the cloud, create custom mobile applications that contain PeopleSoft data, and provide your users personalized access to PeopleSoft information and analytic content. It improves the productivity of developers as well as end-users.
What is PeopleSoft PeopleTools I course about?
PeopleSoft PeopleTools I is a 5-day course that acquaints students with the PeopleSoft application development methodology. The course gives professionals a general overview of PeopleSoft system architecture, as well as the toolset used to develop new applications or customize existing PeopleSoft applications.
Who is the target audience?
- Systems Administrators
What is the duration of the course?
The course is five days long.
What will you learn?
- Develop new PeopleSoft classic applications
- Create and deploy PeopleSoft fluid applications
- Customize existing PeopleSoft applications
- Create and modify PeopleSoft definitions
What are the benefits?
Build and customize PeopleSoft applications
Understand the PeopleSoft system architecture, application development methodology, and toolset so you can build and customize PeopleSoft applications efficiently to meet your organization’s business requirements. Quickly and efficiently create functionality in PeopleSoft applications to take advantage of the unique capabilities of these applications.
Gain Hands-On Experience Using PeopleSoft Application Designer
Enrolling in this course will also give you hands-on experience with the Application Designer, the PeopleSoft integrated development environment (IDE). Learn to create and modify PeopleSoft definitions, including fields, records, pages, and components. By the end of this course, you’ll be able to use Application Designer to create and deploy PeopleSoft classic applications and fluid applications.
What are the prerequisites?
- Functional knowledge of PeopleSoft data organization and validation
- Working knowledge of the PeopleSoft architecture
What are the course objectives?
- Describe PeopleSoft application design and the technology behind this process
- Navigate PeopleSoft applications
- Describe the elements of the PeopleSoft Pure Internet Architecture
- Describe PeopleSoft data organization and validation
- Implement the eight steps of PeopleSoft application development
- Organize definitions into projects
- Design and build PeopleSoft applications, including building data structures and creating user interfaces
- Build classic and simple fluid PeopleSoft applications and explain the differences between the two approaches
- Demonstrate competence in PeopleSoft application development methodology
What is the course curriculum?
- Navigating PeopleSoft Applications
- Explaining the PeopleSoft Architecture
- Validating Data
- Using Application Designer to Develop Applications
- Designing the Application
- Creating Record Definitions
- Building SQL Tables
- Creating Page Definitions
- Registering Components
- Testing Applications
- Editing the Portal Registry Structure
- Creating Menu Definitions
- Understanding the Fluid User Interface
- Creating Fluid Pages
- Using Delivered CSS